You’ve hired the contractor. They’ve completed the job. You are overjoyed with the results. Now what? In honor of the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday, below is a list of ways to show some love and appreciation to the people who make all your outdoor dreams come true.
1. Write a review: You can share how happy you are with the work your contractor completed by writing a review for them. Most companies have a website, and the best way people find them is on Google. Positive reviews help pull their website to the top of the pile in a search engine. Houzz.com is another platform on which you can leave a review.
2. Testimonials: Along with reviews, contractors with websites love to have written or video testimonials from their happy customers. Offer your time to the company you used and write or record a quick testimonial for them. This can help others see what a great choice they are.
3. Share photos of the job and tag them on social media: Social media is a great resource for people to find local companies. Help out a contractor by sharing photos of the completed job on your personal accounts. Most companies have Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc., so make sure you find out which accounts they have. Don’t forget to tag them too.
4. Word of mouth/Referrals: Word of mouth is the easiest way to pass the word on about successful contractors and companies you have worked with. Referring your friends, family, colleagues, doctor, bus driver, or anyone is a great way to say thank you to a contractor that went above and beyond when working for you.
5. Photo release: Something that goes overlooked is giving permission for your job to be photographed and shared by the contractor. Signing a photo release form with the company who performed the work or from the manufacturer of the products they used is so helpful. It's a compliment to you that your job is worth shooting, and it's important to your contractor that someone is interested in sharing their work on a larger scale
6. Enjoy it: After all is built and done, get outside and enjoy your outdoor space. The very best compliment you can give a contractor is by ‘LOVING’ the space they created for you.